Thursday 23 July 2015

My Dukan Diet Journey so far...


Hi beautiful ladies!

I am sure some of you can relate to me when I say I have never been happy with my weight. It goes up then down then up then down. I am 5'2 so any weight I gain shows quite quickly! I was very slim before I got married 2 years ago and now am a dress size bigger and 1 stone and half heavier :-(

I have tried every diet under the sun since I was about 16 (terrible isn't it?) I am one of those people who will try and buy anything if it promises weight loss....Bootea (total waste of time), Slimfast (nice milkshakes but boring as hell), Weight Watchers (confusing!) Maple Syrup diet (vile!) Soup diet (repetitive, left me feeling faint) well you get the jist...

The Dukan Diet has been around for a while now. It is a high protein, no fat, no sugar and no carbs diet. My first thoughts were what the hell am I going to eat?

After a few days of research I gave it a shot. There are 4 phases but I only managed 2 :-( 

The first phase is called Attack. You can do this for 3-10 days depending on how much weight you want to lose. I went to Tesco and bought everything that I needed for phase 1. There are other meats you can eat obviously but this is what I chose-

-Turkey rashers
-Skinless chicken
-Fat free greek yoghurt
-Fat free no added sugar strawberry jelly
-Goji berries
-Oat bran
-Quork (fat free cream cheese)
-Eggs

This is basically what I lived on for 3 days. It wasn't the worst diet I've ever done but I could feel myself getting bored on day 3 and was looking forward to phase 2, the Cruise phase where you add in vegetables every other day until you reach your desired weight and you alternate your days. So one day is pure protein (like the attack phase) the next day is protein and veg.

I was living off the same food as the Attack phase but this time I included some of the below

  • Artichoke
  • Asparagus
  • Aubergine
  • Broccoli
  • Cabbage, Cauliflower, Brussel sprouts
  • Celery
  • Chicory
  • Courgette
  • Cucumber
  • Fennel
  • French beans
  • Leeks
  • Mushrooms
  • Onion
  • Peppers
  • Pumpkin
  • Radish
  • Salad leaves
  • Sorrel
  • Soya beans
  • Spinach
  • Swede
  • Swiss chard
  • Tomatoes
  • Turnip
I lasted 6 days on this diet, it is extremely difficult to stick to it but I did lose 5lbs. I have now decided to stick to protein and veg every day...so you could say I am "kind of" still on the diet but as a human and someone who loves food I find it difficult to stick to something so strict! I don't eat carbs anymore and I try my absolute hardest not to give into sweet treats, but now if I have the odd slice of cake I wont make myself feel so guilty because I know that I am eating right the rest of the time. 

Tips for this diet-

-Drink PLENTY of water
-Diet coke really fills you up
-Make sure you eat oat bran everyday to avoid getting constipated which is very common with this diet
-You can chew sugar free gum, you can use sweetener and have any drink that is sugar free and fat free. 
-You can use any spices, onions and seasoning to flavour your meat

If you have tried the Dukan Diet let me know how you got on!

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment