Thursday 23 July 2015

Reviews on Real Techniques, Estee Lauder, CND, Corn Silk powder

Hi Beautiful ladies!

I have tried and tested some new products recently...here is how I got on!



CND Vinylux in Wildfire


I have been using this brand for a while now and I absolutely LOVE their nail colours.  The properties in the nail polish means you dont require a basecoat, the colour lasts for ages (especially on the toes) and the topcoat is super shiny. They have a range of colours and this red shade is a new favourite of mine. 

£9.95 available in most salons. Try Luminis in Chiswick. 











Corn Silk Translucent Powder

As always I love looking for new products to add to my makeup collection and this is now a permanent fixture. It can look heavy if applied incorrectly, but the best way is to apply a small amount first, work it into your skin and then add more if you feel you need it. You get the most flawless and matte finish with this. The best part...it is £8.29 for a pretty decent size. 

http://www.boots.com/en/Corn-Silk-Loose-Face-Powder-Original-Satin-12g_984053/












Rimmel Scandaleyes Shadow Paint and Rimmel London Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer in Aqua



I saw these in Boots and thought I would give them a try. The tube looks like a lipgloss which makes it quite handy to travel with as you can just dab some on and blend with your finger. The colours came out beautifully but I did find, when I was doing makeup trials for some clients, they are not for everyone. Reason being is that, because they have quite a metallic finish it can make any lines or wrinkles on the eyelid very obvious. Now as a makeup artist I obviously know not to use metallic eyeshadows on older clients but my client was in her 20's and it looked like she had no wrinkles at all! This product would be better as a highlighter on the eyes especially on the inner corners. It wouldnt be my holy grail product but it does add a lovely shimmer :-)

The eyeliner however is absolutely gorgeous! Only need a small amount to make your eyes really pop. This is £3.99 and you also get a smudge brush on the other end which is very handy for a more subtle finish.











Estee Lauder Double Wear BB cream

I so wanted to love this...I know its a bb cream and not a foundation but I wouldve preferred it if it had more pigment in it. Its very light once its applied and feels nice on the skin but I found I had to apply lots of concealer for my scars and then powder to set. This is probably a great product for someone with perfect skin with no scars or blemishes (deffo not me! If you buy this you only need a small amount and its best applied with a blending brush. This is £29 on feelunique.com 




Real Techniques powder brush, foundation brush and Bare Minerals correcting SPF 20 concealer. 

These brushes are the BEST brushes EVER! Foundation brush blends any type of foundation and the powder brush is so soft and applies powder perfectly! They will change the way you apply your makeup forever! Just make sure you clean them at least once a month :-)

The concealer gave me ok coverage on my dark circles,it is one of those products that you need to layer on which I dont have time for in the morning when i'm getting ready for work but I also found it quite oily and throughout the day I found that it looked quite creased...not a good look! Wouldn't buy again. 

The concealer is £21 on feelunique.com

The Foundation brush is £9.99 from Boots

The Powder brush is £8.99 from allbeauty.com

I hope you enjoyed reading :-)

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment