Monday 3 November 2014

A Parisian Dream




I have visited Paris many times in the past. I went again a few months ago after a very long time and each time I go I am still mesmerised by the beauty, architecture, history and of course fabulous fashion. 

The last few weeks I have been thinking about the way we live our lives and I ask myself...is it worth it? Let me paint you a picture...

I wake up everyday at 6:30am, get ready for work, maybe have a bicker with my hubby over something silly, get on the train with totally rude commuters who have no manners, wonder why the train keeps stopping and starting every 5 minutes, arrive at work and start my day. 

The day is over usually at 5:30pm or 8pm. Again get on the train arrive home make something for dinner have a 10 minute conversation with my husband who doesn't get back till late most nights and go to bed. 

This is pretty much my daily routine, I mean it's not the worst routine in the world but I do think that maybe I would like more in my life...the last few months have been quite tough to be honest and it has led me to think we work our asses off and for what? 

Maybe I watch too much TV or maybe I am just very naive but I am seriously considering moving to Paris, taking some time off work and try to find myself again. We get so caught up with work and daily life that we completely forget about ourselves. 

There is nothing more I would like to do other than walk around the streets of Paris (I am perfectly aware that it isn't all glam!), indulge in great food, soak up all the culture,  become fluent in French shop till my heart is content and just relax for a few months. Question is do I go for it or it just a dream? Do we dare to dream? 


No comments:

Post a Comment