Monday 3 November 2014

'Real Beauty' Another cliche?

I've lived with my husband for just over a year now...we knew each other for a long time before we got married and started living together, needless to say it has been quite a journey...a journey I wasn't quite prepared for.

I have always had my own room, own space and everything always done for me (ok quite spoilt too!) so of course I expected things to be different when I was to become a woman of my own house but boy I had no idea how difficult it was going to be. Don't get me wrong I adore my husband and couldn't dream of moving back home now, but there are times I wish I could just have one day of doing all the things I did when I lived at home and not worry about what my other half thinks!

When we first started living together I didn't let him see me without makeup for weeks until I just couldn't be asked to wake up extra early just to put a few dots of concealer...my sleep was getting interrupted and I am NOT a morning person....but I was so desperate to have the ' I woke up looking like this' in the end I just thought F*** it, if he doesn't like me without makeup then he's a shallow asshole! Fortunately my husband is amazing in every way that I actually felt a bit silly trying to hide my flaws...we all have them it's just about accepting them and working with what you have!

Since the age of 14/15 I have suffered from major low self esteem. I've always been worried about my weight and my skin. I have always suffered from a mild form of acne that gets worse when I'm stressed (which is most of the time!) and I have tried everything to try and cure it but nothing works! I just know how to control it now and more importantly how to cover it!

Nowadays there are so many campaigns about acceptance and real beauty blah blah blah. Now I'm all for believing in yourself but if I walk out the door with no makeup and feel like total shit...I'm going back in and at least apply a tinted moisturiser!  I'm sorry but if that helps me with my confidence why should anyone else question it?! I have accepted that my skin is just the way it is  and that's a big step for me. If someone does notice my bad skin it's not the end of the world...I could look a lot worse .

My point is ladies...you do and wear whatever makes you feel happy and confident, don't always give in to the cliche of ' beauty comes from within'  it might come from within but if you still feel like shit you go and put on that dress that makes you look hot or you go and wear that lipstick you love so much if it makes you feel good, sexy and most of all...confident!

No comments:

Post a Comment